Background on the Awards
The .INFO Awards were first launched in 2007 by Afilias, the registry operator for the .INFO domain. The 2007 and 2008 Awards were conducted in Germany only. Due to their popularity and success, Afilias decided to expand the program internationally.
Since 2009, our awards program has been open to all .INFO site owners, anywhere around the world.
Register for a username and password here to submit your site for the .INFO Awards.
.INFO was the first generic, unrestricted TLD to be launched since .com and is the largest new TLD launched in more than 25 years. Registrations in .INFO first became available in 2001. Since then, .INFO has grown to become the fourth largest gTLD in the world with more than eight million domain names registered. .INFO Domains are currently available in ten Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) scripts.
2011 .INFO Awards
The 2011 .INFO Awards are open to any .INFO site owner, in any country.
The call for entry opens on Monday, November 7, 2011 and runs through Thursday, November 24, 2011. No submissions will be accepted after 11:59 p.m., UTC, Thursday, November 24, 2011.
A panel of experts in with experience in the fields of website design and media will review submitted sites and determine a shortlist of the ten best .INFO websites, based on the following criteria:
• Presentation of content
• Functionality of the site
The short list will be published on Monday, December 5, 2011.
The public may vote on their favorite .INFO site on the shortlist from Monday, December 5, 2011, through Tuesday, December 13, 2011.
Winners will be announced shortly thereafter.
- Entries may be submitted from Monday, November 7, 2011 through Thursday, November 24, 2011. No submissions will be accepted after 11:59 p.m., UTC, Thursday, November 24, 2011.
- A review panel with experience in the fields of website design and media will select a shortlist consisting of the ten best .INFO websites.
- Websites will be evaluated based on the following criteria: (1) Presentation of content (2) Functionality of the site (3) Design (4) Usability (5) Originality.
- On Monday, December 5, 2011, the shortlist will be published online.
- Members of the public can vote for their favorite of the top 10 .INFO websites from Monday, December 5, 2011, through Tuesday, December 13, 2011.
- Entrants for the .INFO Awards must be the valid Registrant of a .INFO Domain Name.
- The contact information of the Entrant must match the Registrant contact information in the .INFO Whois.
- The submitted website can represent institutions, associations, corporations, blogs, or individuals. The site may not violate the .INFO Domain Name Abuse Policy. Websites containing content that is pornographic, illegal, or otherwise deemed by the panel in its sole discretion to be offensive will not be considered.
- Staff members of Afilias and ELEMENT C are excluded from participation. Previous winners of the .INFO Awards are not eligible.
- All address data will be stored with our database. Multiple entries and automatically generated data will be excluded from participation.
- Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 15, 2011.
- Winners must possess a valid physical address and phone number.
- This program is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Participation in this program is void where prohibited by law.
The winners of the 2011 .INFO Awards will be awarded the following cash prizes:
1st Prize: US$10,000
2nd Prize: US$5000
3rd Prize: US$3000
Winners must posses a valid physical address and phone number.